Could innovation here at the MIX ensure we reinvent management together with more brainpower, than any of us alone could offer? It’s a question that came to me as I prepared a presentation titled, The Dynamic Journey of the Human Brain. It started me thinking about the multiple talents and intelligences here at MIX, as they link together to pull leadership forward.
It cannot happen if left brainpower jumps on board too quickly to sink innovative seedlings, and it races forward when we toss even more right brain might into the MIX. This Hack merely offers an entry point, from brain based approaches, to begin to discuss how collective flow unleashes brainpower - both to those already here and those innovative leaders who'll come later.
A few key areas below might expand our collective benefits and build on differences we engaged here at MIX. Because questioning possibilities are daily patterns at the MITA Brain Center, I asked simply, What if ….?
In MITA brain based initiatives we know that when left brain editing and judgments come too quickly, or without balance through affirmation and support, left brain operations shut down right brain dreaming, imagining and risk-taking. That limitation also precludes any successful launch of new flights like the Wright brothers offered, and many in MIX risked.
Using the Brainpowered Dimensions of MIX Innovation approach, no MIX inventor will be permitted to jump in and silently or anonymously sink peer ideas (left brain judgements) without openly offering a reflective encouragement, creative possibility, supportive additions, or two-footed questions that build upon and extend the best original ideas.
All MIX innovators will be valued for ideas offered, negotiated criteria will exist for all innovative contributions, and participants will support and build on intelligent inventions openly. Initiatives with superior merit, that address a thirst in society will win top positions in the global marketplace of innovations through production and further support. Entire teams will win, but more significant the word will win through innovative brainpower fanned.
What if ….?
- Trust converts brainpower into serotonin for inventing together. What if Dan Oestreich over at Oestreich Associates guided us to trust enough to risk together?
- Learning increases through novelty, collaboration, and authentic practices. What if Aaron Anderson over at San Francisco State University, facilitated us to transform business facts and figures into wings that transport new learning approaches.
- Imagination stokes possibilities from right brain activation. What if Shelley Mclvor helped us convert her MBA at Warwick Business School into a Disney World of sorts?
- Calm predominates over conflicts, if people build goodwill with those who disagree. What if Annie McQuade over at The Planet Inc. CEO, helped us convert anger, and frustrations into innovative fuels to replace dangerous cortisol with innovative zip.
- Play at work builds new neuron pathways for a freer flow of intelligent designs. What if Matt Shlosberg over at Hanna Concern freed us up together to reinvent an arena for cultivating high-performance minds through play.
- Change is sustainable and expected through challenging minds. What if Mireille Jansma over at Financial Services facilitated a challenging minds series, where we all spoke and felt heard. Since dendrite brain cells use the outside world to take shape, they grow and diversify based on how we coached ourselves to change leadership roles.
- Questions build curiosity for brainpowered possibilities and can raise innovative IQ. What if Gary Cohen, over at CO2 Partners helped us ask each other’s insights for an innovation project together before we offered ours?
- Actively engaged knowledge comes with reasonable demands, and is implemented by the same people who contribute to it. In contrast, lectures and talks work against listeners’ brains and benefit speakers’ intelligence more than listeners. What if Nayantar Prasad helped us to gather and use more of our collective thinking to more fully engage all innovators here at the MIX?
- Interpersonal intelligence increases when we engage others more. What if Eric Nehrlich, over at Google, arranged more informal opportunities for us to exchange innovative plans to propose together?
- Leadership intelligence awaits in the pike of all ages, backgrounds and beliefs. What if Kate Low inspired us to open a group investigation to increase access opportunities at top levels for all ages to awaken more talent in one another?
- Well being and laughter raises brainpower for sustainable innovation, while stress literally shrinks the human brain. What if Henry Stewart, over at Happy Internet site, illustrated software that helped us all to laugh more, and build a happier arena to collaborate inventions?
- When the brain works out, it grows dendrite brain connectors for intelligences targeted. What if Erica Ilves, over at Source Integral helped us all to create a mental gym for working out to empower new innovation components together here at MIX?
- When people find their talents valued their brains increase dopamine to risk using more brainpower. What if James DeJulio, over at Tongal, ensured that all who enter the MIX find a significant way to build continuously together through visible appreciation of all talents offered?
- The brain is unable to multi-task and multiple busy tasks bottle-neck. What if Jordan Cohen over at PfizerWorks facilitated all innovators at the MIX to offload the small stuff, and strategize innovation pieces so that collaboration grows to lead prototypes in innovative mastery?
- Motivation spikes brainpower when people find outlets to share and build novelty together. What if Ellen Weber over at MITA International Brain Center designs a Celebration of Innovation that interfaces boundaries of play and work, and where innovative adventure increases through an orchestrated riding of arcs together in elevated forms of investigation and novel productivity.
- Daily brains rewire and rejuvenate with each original performance. What if Chary Chigurala designed an Innovation Bazaar that focused on offering resources to top innovations, so that people could sustain and continue to develop their initiatives?
- The brain ... What if ...? If your name is not yet here in our list then a gap remains in our circle! Please toss your talent into the ring. Will you kindly let us know (using comment box), how specifically you would frame your innovative offering to this group. Only then can we begin to pull together for the sake of a radical shift in management?
This brief list included a few leaders only with whom I exchanged ideas, yet it could list every leader at this site, as well as the team that launched our brainpower here. What brain based strategy would you use to spark multiple intelligences and innovation to lead a finer future?
What if we mined talents so that people win more, only if their entire group wins? And what if we rallied people talents as cutting edge tools to build innovative leaders that facilitate and foster more diverse talent for a new era?
Talent would build upon talent, in ways that helped everybody win and multiple intelligences would expand. The entire world to benefit.
More importantly, a whole new approach of collective innovation would be presented to a war-wary world, rewarded collectively, and the US would win its fast losing battle in launching global initiatives for a finer future.
All plans and preparation of the team that lauched MIX and now facilitates its original ideas.
The plan that still awaits a group of innovative leaders who learn to value and harness multiple brainpowered offerings