Flooring is something you should definitely consider while getting your office, or any other commercial space decorated or renovated. Even if the place has a hardwood, plywood, or any other existing flooring, you can always consider getting some cheaper and more visually aesthetic alternatives to replace them. You need to remember that commercial floor has different needs from the residential floor, due to high traffic, rough usage, low maintenance, and other reasons.
Here are some of the most considerable alternatives for commercial flooring that are not only affordable but are also durable, aesthetically appealing and low on maintenance needs:
- Using carpet or carpet tiles: Carpeting the floor almost always looks like a very good idea. What this option does is that it gives a very comfortable and cozy vibe to space. Carpet flooring is also one of the most widely used options of commercial flooring Sydney. In case you do not want to opt for a conventionally styled carpet, then carpet tiles are something you might then want to look at. These tiles are the best option for large and open areas that are expected to receive heavy traffic on a daily basis. Although carpet tiles are more expensive than carpet flooring, they are also more durable and therefore are more likely to benefit you in the long run.
- Using vinyl: Vinyl is one of the most commonly chosen options for laying commercial floors. One of the major advantages of vinyl is that it is extremely affordable and cost-efficient. It is also water-resistant and very durable. An amazing feature of vinyl flooring is that it can offer you the look and texture of stone, wood, or terrazzo, owing to the massive variety of colors, designs, and textures it is available for commercial use. When it comes to vinyl, you can also consider using LVTs, or luxury vinyl tiles, to stand apart from the normal vinyl plank flooring.
- Using cork: Cork is another really affordable material that can be utilized for an unconventional option for commercial flooring. Cork flooring is very helpful for people who are suffering from certain illnesses, such as asthma and chronic allergies. Cork is widely used in hotels, as it provides you with the ideal blend of comfort and shock absorbing qualities. For these features, cork is also an ideal material to be used for spaces such as kitchens, music studios, etc. Adding on to these, cork is also a sustainable and environmentally friendly option.
- Getting hardwood flooring: Hardwood flooring is widely preferred by commercial owners as their flooring option. This is a great option due to the seamlessly natural and attractive appearance of hardwood floors, as well as their smooth and shiny finish. However, hardwood might be one of the more expensive commercial flooring options and is thus not recommended for you if you are working on a tight budget.
- Using sheet linoleum: Sheet linoleum can be utilized in more than one way to render a decorative commercial flooring option. Modern sheet linoleum has mostly replaced the older styles of linoleum. This material is very affordable (less than around $3 per square feet of the area being covered), and is extremely stylish at the same time. Bathrooms are ideal spots to be experienced with a linoleum finish.
The tips and suggestions mentioned here will help you navigate through the process of selecting a nice, attractive, and affordable commercial flooring for your workspace. These give you a very brief overview of the various options that are available, so that you can select the one that suits both your needs and your budget