Have you entered the university? Very soon you will become a young professional who is ready for a career takeoff. How to learn to manage your time with more efficiency? How to stop doing wasting time on some useless stuff?
Whether you have or you don’t have a scholarship, you will have to devote a lot of time to your studies in order to stay at the university. You need to pass all exams on time to avoid dropping out.
Why is it difficult for students to study at a university? There 5 most common reasons freshmen don’t make it to their second year:
1. Euphoria. Freshmen think that after graduation they have become adults. They think that they can relax in the university because they basically lose that parental control. That’s a false feeling.
2. Reckless life. Did you come from another city? Are there many temptations around? Is there constant fun in the dorm? If you want to study well, then you have to show willpower, refusing to participate in constant feasts.
3. Internet. Do you like playing computer games, chatting on social networks? It is necessary to strictly limit the time in order to have time to prepare for classes. You can set various reminders to keep your time under one hour a day online.
4. Love. You can’t control this feeling but you need to be very careful to make sure you don’t have distractions.
Free Time Dilemma
If you have free time, then you need to use it wisely. Students can do useful things:
1. Sign up for various courses. The obtained certificate will allow you to get an advantage in further employment. Keep applying for volunteering and internships. Those would look nice on your resume.
2. It makes sense to learn how to drive a car. If you don’t have a driver’s license, it’s high time to get one and start putting aside some money on a car. You will need one to get to work.
3. Learn languages. In the future, you can find a job in a foreign company. Explore the market and decide what language would make more sense to learn.
4. Study computer programs. Special knowledge will allow you to find a part-time job.
5. Do scientific work. You will gain experience of speaking at conferences, will be able to publish your work, as well as meet interesting people.
To be a full-time student, you need to learn all the time management hacks to juggle between studies, social life, and, if you are lucky enough, your job. n order not to waste time, engage in self-education. You need to select additional training programs that are related to the chosen specialty.
How to Manage Your Time as a Student?
About 50% of the time should be devoted to studies. As a rule, in the first half of the day, you will have to be at the university, listen to lectures, take notes, and complete practical tasks.
If you want to work, you should find a place where you can work in your free time. It makes sense to choose an evening work schedule.
Each student needs rest, so about 20% of his time should be devoted to walking, having fun, meeting with friends.
The student needs to keep a diary to write down all their plans for the day. Do not forget that the priority is always given to study, so you need to plan your life in this way:
At the beginning of the semester, rewrite your study schedule. This information will allow you to determine your free time.
If you want to attend courses, then you need to look for a schedule that does not overlap with the curriculum.
When looking for a job, be guided by your class schedule. There is no point in skipping classes at the university for a minor part-time job.
Your plan should be detailed. Be sure to consider the time you spend on the road. Such planning will allow you to be on time everywhere.
Do not forget that you will have to attend consultations at the university, carry out tests, write essays, and prepare for seminars. Use various online tools and helpful resources to get good grades from your professor. Sites like EssaySampler, Reddit, Quora, and other communities contain tons of friendly advice for rookie students.
If you live in a dorm, then you need to take into account the fact that you need additional time for cooking, washing, and cleaning. Be sure to make sure that all points of your plan are completed in a timely manner.
Proper planning of a student's life is necessary in order to successfully graduate from a university. If you learn how to properly organize your day, you'll succeed as a student and will be able to incorporate your new skills at work.
If you live in a dorm, then you need to consider the fact that you need additional time for cooking, doing laundry, and cleaning. Be sure to make sure that all points of your plan are completed in a timely manner.