Here are the comtents of my book that I discuss. Thie is what I learned in over 40 years of management experience. I am not an expert, if someone tells you they are; watch out they will lie about something else.
Table of Contents.
1. My first full-time job.
2. Knowledge is essential in designing an effective process.
3. My first management job.
4. In all thy Getting Get Wisdom..
5. Know Thyself
6. Why discuss Philosophy?.
7. Dealing with experts.
8. Performance Management versus Performance Leadership.
9. Management by memo - be careful
10. Do not let catchphrases catch you.
11. Some Customers Deserve Peanut Butter
12. A Hostile Workplace.
13. Firing Chef Bart Got Me a Job.
14. Respect an Employee’s Dignity When you fire them..
15. We are going back to Basics.
16. To learn about a business follow the money.
17. Lies and Truth - And their Impact
18. Do not love your job.
19. Beware of your office.
20. The “fairness” bugaboo.
21. You are “The Pattern”.
22. Simple Answers to complicated problems.
23. Written communication is the key to success.
24. What leaders know..
25. The Possible of the Impossible.
26. The Problem Ain’t the Problem.
27. Consensus versus Collaboration Decision.
28. Change must be doable, seeable, and feelable to be sustainable.
29. Empowering Employees.
30. What Process of your Job is not important?.
31. Even an amoeba has to do this to survive.
32. Teamwork and critical mass.
33. First Line Managers are Key to Achieving Corporate goals.
34. Is Consistency Foolish.
35. What is overthinking stuff?.
36. Focus and Obligation on the Mission.
37. The Customer is the Center of all we do.
38. Vision versus Mission?.
39. Communicate, Communicate, Communicate.
40. First-line managers are horse’s asses.
41. Are you a Jerk?.
42. Are You Similar to a General Eisenhower or a General Patton?.
43. Must Have Passion for Your Business.
44. Can First Line Managers Motivate Employees?.
45: Employee attitude is so important
46: The First Line Manager leadership vision.
47. Leaders must manage to lead.
48. Define yourself lead yourself
49. The Plateauing Trap.
51. Co-Dependent – Enablers.
52. Understanding Vested Interest
53. Union matters.
54. Do Computers Create Value?.
55. Computer Watson, I Presume?.
56. Thinking you know is not knowing.
57. You will never have to look for another job.
58. We need to have a meeting.
60. The Courage to lead. Where does it come from?.
59. What is Performance Leadership?.
61. 360 and Upward Assessment Surveys.
62. How do you recognize a bureaucrat?.
63. Crisis Management
64. Mission Confused. Mission Ignored. Mission Aborted!
65. There is no conclusion to First-Line Management
66. Here are some of my favorite books.
You need to register in order to submit a comment.