A billion dollar global industry in need of a massive re-invention processes to inspire an emerging generation of Gen Y leaders, to support their recovery from their inadequate industrialized schooling, to enable them to dream, create and innovate new ways of flourishing in an internet and connected world!
Most organizations are still operating from a wide range of inadequate 20th century paradigms that are not enabling them to respond successfully to the range of adaptive challenges that have emerged from;
- Increasing levels of uncertainty, instability and ambiguity.
- Globalization and formidable global and local competition.
- Rapid advances in technology and communications.
- Advent of disruptive localized and cost effective innovations in key fields.
- Declining product lifecycles and diminishing markets.
- Inefficient and obsolete processes.
- Increasing demand for sustainability and corporate responsibility.
Nor are they effectively engaging and maximising the potential of their cross generational, diverse, non local and virtual workforces to effect creative, imaginative and innovative respones and solutions to these issues as well as to the chaotic nature of random and unexpected events.
The majority of CEO’s and their executive teams, and leaders have not developed the innovative and entrepreneurial competences to stretch the boundaries of their business strategy and facilitate business regeneration and renewal, or change their game, in the face of these challenges. These competences are not being taught effectively in most corporate learning programs, and especially not in ways that inspire them to dream, create and innovate new ways of flourishing in an internet and connected world!
Most corporate learning programs that focus on developing innovation skills are process or technique based and do not focus on enabling participants to build the foundational mindsets and behaviours that effect and sustain true innovative and entrepreneurial leadership required to respond to the range of adaptive challenges. Many Human Resource and Learning Mangers operate from a convergent thinking space that inhibits them from experimenting with innovative approaches, as they simply, are not aware or awake and blind to ‘what they don’t know’. The result of this is the continuation of conventional, high cost, ineffective training programs that perpetuate the old 20th century paradigms and tend not to deliver what they promise, never mind sustainable chnage!
There is also limited understanding, as well as limitied applications towards integrating gamification, crowd sourcing and social networking processes into creative, engaging and interactive corporate learning programs. Most organizations are failing to maximise the possibilities of the emerging internet and connected world which could enable them to transform their adaptive challenges into innovative solutions.
My hack is to provide an imaginative, generative and provocative global learning consultancy that allows coaches, leaders, and organisations to flourish:
- By creating the mindset flips to perceive the world differently.
- By developing tolerance to uncertainty, instability and ambiguity.
- By making innovation everyone’s job, every day to build highly engaged and passionate work environments.
Our exciting and innovative learning and development programs are the culmination of 30 years of corporate consulting experience and research inot the cutting edge leadership, innovation and technology space. They provide iterative and emergent processes for increasing organizational capability to transform, innovate, and flourish. They enable leaders, consultants and executive coaches to develop an innovative edge to their practices, teams, business units and organizations by understanding and knowing how to apply:
- Theory U or the U Process to their toolkit in simple, practical and pragmatic ways to operate effectively in the emergence space to lead from the future.
- The Innovate Like an Israeli Learning System (ILI) including the mindsets, behaviors and practices of the globally successful ‘Start-Up Nation’ Israeli Innovation and Entrepreneurship Model.
- The mindsets, behaviors and skills of provocative competence, including generative discovery and inquiry and to generate new ideas, solutions and outcomes that create ‘unexpected right hand turns’ and inflection points resulting in innovative products, models, systems, processes and services.
- A whole systems and business eco-system context.
There are three learning and delivery streams:
- The Coach for Innovators™: 12 week ICF accredited global CCE program via internet for executive and leadership coaches and corporate consultants who want to help their clients and organisations be innovative. http://www.imaginenation.co.il/programs/
- The Innovative Leader: The Start-Up Game™, a business simulation to bring to life the four phases of the Start-Up Cycle, the ‘Innovate like an Israeli’ (ILI) learning model and practices of generative discovery, inquiry, debate and problem solving. http://www.imaginenation.co.il/the-start-up-game/
- Innovation Labs: customised innovation retreats experiencing Theory U or the U process, for executive teams who want to create innovative organisations.
Our innovative approach provides an iterative and emergent process for increasing organizational capability to transform, innovate, and flourish by understanding and leveraging business eco-systems to:
- Accelerate change to get to the future faster.
- ‘Change the game’ and surprise key players with unconventional solutions and realization of hidden and future opportunities.
- Facilitate a collective focus and competitive advantage.
- Thrive and succeed within an unstable and uncertain business environment.
To safely awaken people out of their ‘comfortable myopia’ and ignite their entrepreneurial spirits. To build peoples receptivity and responsiveness to learning, change and increases their capacity for innovation by making innovation everyone's job everyday.
To provide people with playful, enjoyable gamified and experiential learning, yet highly relevant, customized, business simulations and activities that enable them to 'learn by doing', and close 'knowing-doing' gaps.
To and enable organizations to:
- Identify and let go of unprofitable products and services.
- Spot, experiment and develop new products and services that customers need and want.
- Derive increased revenue from breakthrough products and services.
- Attain a competitive advantage from unexpected and trending business development ideas and opportunities.
- Reap greater rewards from improved process and system efficiencies.
By creating a culture of provocative competence and an innovative business eco-system, that is passionate, courageous, emergent and experimental, people, across diverse cultures, generations, locations can share a common language and the freedom to imagine, dream and explore new possibilties without fear of failure and retribution.
There are a number of steps that have to be taken including:
- Develop a vision for innovation and the corporate learning value propostion using the U Process as the framwework and be willing to operate in the emergence space.
- Develop the business plan via divergent thinking, allowing it to emerge and evolve, vs being prescriptive.
- Design The Coach for Innovators Certified Program in line with the ICF core competences and work through the accreditation process and build as a potential cashcow.
- Develop the subject matter expert reputation via website, social media, crowd sourcing, networking and marketing e-books.
- Research, develop and define the Innovate Like an Israeli Learning System and Business Eco-System context.
- Source a gamification company to co-create The Start-Up Game, integrating gamification processes, with adult and experiental learning princples and techniques and build as a cashcow.
- Find other 'friendlies', who are willing to play in the innovative space, and build both a consulting and delivery team who can also align to and embody the teachings, and are experts in their fields.
- Build and harvest a comprehensive global sales pipline.
- Research potential global licensees.
- Get the domain names, trademarks, and patents globally registered to protect IP.
- Develop new sources of funding the Start-Up and potentially, the online version of The Start-Up Game.
In 2010, my husband and I, along with our 2 dogs and our cat, relocated from the safe, secure and abundant haven of Sydney, Australia, and migrated to one of the most misunderstood and most innovative, ‘hot spots’ on earth, Israel. As a result of this significant ‘sand change’, we personally experienced a series of enormous physical, spiritual and emotional disruptions caused by the collision of differing cultures, perspectives and thought patterns that exist in the chaotic and turbulent Middle East. Combine this with the reverberations of the Global Financial Crisis, the unstable geopolitical situation resulting from, the ‘Arab Spring’ as well as the ‘Euro zone Debt Crisis’ our lives spun ‘out of control’.
Having experienced a very successful corporate consulting career that spanned more than 30 years, in business and change management, culture development and corporate training, facilitation and executive coaching, I thought that it would be easy to land new projects in Israel’s growing high tech sector. However, as a ‘newcomer’, despite the fact that my knowledge, skills and experience surpassed most of the local consultants, for a variety of mostly cultural reasons, it proved almost impossible to secure a regular income by doing what I knew best.
This offered me an incredible opportunity to use my own change process to transform my career, to flip my own game and to re-imagine and re-invent myself and my business. What I didn’t realise, at the time, was that I would have to let go of a lot of my vast knowledge of culture, leadership and team development models and processes, because they no longer relevant to my new world. I would then have to use my broad range of inherent skills and entrepreneurial experience to integrate, generate and iterate something completely new, that I could have never possibly imagined previously.
I began researching why Israel as the ‘Start- Up Nation’ - from fabled bestselling book, ‘Start- Up Nation’ The Story of Israel’s Economic Miracle by Dan Senor and Saul Singer; is such a source of creative energy and disruptive innovation. I utilised my 30 years of corporate experience in organisational development, with some of the largest and most successful companies in the Asia Pacific and Israel, to decipher and codify how Israeli’s innovate. I chose to do this because Israel has provided and continues to provide evidence of economic success, authentic entrepreneurship, cutting edge inventiveness and ‘out of the box’ thinking. The culture is one of assertive problem solving, with an ability to zoom in and zoom out via generative discovery to deliver astonishingly creative and innovative results!