Senior Vice President at International Game Technology
Me in Three
I'm an avid crowd-sourcing entrepreneur, focused on developing more participative ways to reinvent business, the community and society at large.
I love innovative technology and constantly dream about the potential life changing applications that will come about a s a result.
My 11 maxims for life are:
1. Be open: open minded, open sharing, open sourced and open opinioned.
2. Be adaptable: always growing, learning and able to deal with any situation.
3. Connect: connect, tune in and positively contribute to the global, local and personal story (love is implied in this one, whichever form it takes)...
4. Develop Interdependence: it's only through connection and interdependence can lasting success be manifested.
5. Be positive: nothing is insurmountable especially when working together across boundaries and borders, both intellectual, disciplinary and geographical.
6. Dream big! Change the world, breath life into big audacious goals and make the impossible possible, providing it doesn't contravene any of the other commandments.
7. Pursue value over wealth: Money is a byproduct of adding value to a situation and ones perspective should not be entitlement oriented. Never pursue something for wealth alone, pursue for self worth and value; wealth will follow in myriad forms.
8. Be environmentally attuned: The environment must be nurtured, protected and invested in.
9. Protect basic human rights and the pursuit of freedom: fight oppression, poverty, hunger, isolation and unnecessary disease where it is found.
10. Be respectful: of others cultures, backgrounds, religions, opinions, ways of life. The "life is like a mirror" maxim should be central to all actions and conduct.
11. Go deep! Data provides us with almost unlimited potential for understanding the world around us. Seek it, question it, go deep into it but most of all use it to make a positive dent on the universe.
Stories, Hacks, & Barriers
Groundbreaking ideas and practices from Craig Churchill