Corporate should empower the potential of Human Resources by treating them as Internal Customers. The value proposition must be of equal mix between Clients & Employees.
Employee Satisfaction within the Organization is of most critical to reatin resource. It is really challenge for any company to sustain the employee's satisfaction. Employee's jump to one to another for many reasons, it can be:
- Monetary Benefits (Money)
- Challenging & Friendly Environment
- Work Culture
- Career Growth
- Work Life Balance
- Scope of Learnings
- Transparent Corporate Policy
- Office Politics
How can we overcome all these issues & run the business for Profit (No Headache for Non-Profit Organization). Will it really possible for a corporate to satisfy all the concerns of employee? Frankly No.
It is the responsibility of Leadership Team to set the Vision of the company & the actual drivers are Middle Management People who are actually the bridge between Employees and Company. They should set-up a People Manager or Manager to frequently interact with their group of employees to hear their concern in their project or company. They should allow the people to talk openly from their mind.
Most of the Corporates are concentrating only on their Client values & satisfaction, ofcourse it is most important since from them only we are getting paid. But at the same time, we should give equal importance to their own employees by treating them as Internal Customers.
We can reduce the attrition rate by satisfying some of their concerns which are the reasonable expectation and in the hands of the managers / people managers. Some of the key drivers are:
- Frequent Interaction with their team to hear their concerns
- Regular Recognition for their key achievement
- Friendly Environment
- Employee Friendly company policies
- Giving importance to their Work - Life Balance
- Employee Survey on their Satisfaction & Project Performance
- Setting up learning & defined Career Path.
Ultimately, the employee can give their quality work to their maximum fullest satisfaction.Finally, the client will be benefited by the service. It is the indirect way of marketing their brand.
For a company, Keep the existing client happy is as equal as getting a new logo in their client list.
- Employee Satisfaction
- Reduced Attrition
- Customer Satisaction
- High ROI
- Indirect Marketing
- There will be chances of Communication Gap between employees and management & vice-versa
- Requires dedicated team or part of the manager's role
- Possibility of not satisfying their concerns which may lead to dissatisfaction
- Require extra fund allocation
- Can Incorporate People Managers & effective process
- Frequent interaction
- Redesign some of the company policy which will favor the employee to maintain their work life balance
- Create Friendly Work Environment & Equal importance method on their Recognition policy
- Define the Career Path & encourage the employee
- Company Vision should flow from Leadership Team
- Middle Management should drive the process
My views on importance of Employee Satisfaction.
- Log in to post comments
You need to register in order to submit a comment.